Thursday, August 6, 2009

Alaska!!! Part One...

 K, so I am finally posting pictures from our Alaskan Cruise!!!! Aren't you excited? I know I am. So let me take you on our trip of pictures and fond memories...


Vancouver
Here is a shot of the beautiful city of Vancouver, Canada as we were traveling across the ocean on a bus ferry.


K, this next picture just belongs =) Dave had to ride in the very, very back of the minivan my parents had rented because we were all so cramped in! I think the most we had at one point was 16 people (legal in Canada)...IN ONE MINIVAN, FOLKS!!!


While visiting the sites of the city, Dave and I decided to go Tandom bike riding through Stanley Park, a huge park that is almost surrounded by water with nice biking trails right next to the ocean. It was a lot of fun!
On our journey, through the park, we saw a huge gathering of people that didn't speak English...I believe it was Chinese, but I'm not too sure. Anyways, there was a guy wearing a blow-up airplane around his waist, so naturally, Dave wanted a picture!

While in Vancouver, we stopped by the Capilano Suspension Bridge.This bridge is 450 feet long and 230 feet above the Capilano River. It was pretty awesome!
This is what we saw when we looked off the bridge. I didn't get a picture looking straight down....I should've...

Here are Natalie, Ashley, and Grace (all my nieces) about to go back across the bridge!



Grace and Natalie are only 2 days apart. I had to get the upper shot of them holding hands! The lower shot was Natalie posing to get her picture taken!! You can really tell when parents take a lot of pictures of their kids when they have poses like this for you!

 

Our family, minus Josh (who was taking the picture), smiled for the camera in our treehouse!

 

The kids found "Smokey the Bear", or at least a big stuffed bear, to cuddle with and pose for pictures at, and we decided to take a pic too!

 


 

On the day of our cruise departure, we packed our minivan FULL of suitcases. We had 16 people, total, in our group, so imagine just 1 suitcase for most...some had 3...Jenny... =) So because we didn't have a car to ride in to the port, we decided to take a final stroll through the city to it. It was only about a 30 minute walk, at most, and it was fun! Heather was great at keeping the kids entertained (she would be, she only works with them everyday!) This next picture is the "train" they made. They were walking this way for quite a while!!!

 

While on our boat we checked out the ship and our rooms and got ready to set sail!

 

My nephew, Kyle, was being passed around like crazy. He is so cute, everyone wanted to hold him! Here is a cute pic we got together:

 

Finally, we're on the ship and setting sail!!! Yay!! On to Alaska and our future, awesome experience and memories!!!

 


 

 

Tune in next time to see pics of our stops! Much more is to come!!!!

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Yea! Stephy, I LOVE that pic of you and Kyle. I don't think I've seen it before. Adorable!

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

I didn't realize you guys had so much fun before Heather and I got to Vancouver. We're jealous.

Heather said...

So fun! I wish we could have been in Vancouver longer. I think that is the best pic of the train that I have seen. Fun times.