Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our fun weekend!

So Saturday (yesterday), I ran a 5K with a bunch of my family here. Deanna and I have been working out together and she found out of this 5k going on, so she got a bunch of clients she trained and signed us all up to run. Me, Dave, Deanna, Danielle, and Danielle's mother-in-law Wendy all ran the 5K. Steph and her 3 boys, Cameron, Caden, and Cole, Mary Alice, Danielle's father-in-law Bob, and Wendy's sister all did the 1 mile walk. Cameron actually was supposed to do the 1 mile walk, but accidentally ran the whole 3.2 miles!!! He actually did pretty well, though, but it was pretty funny! Dave and I finished the race at 30 minutes, 10 seconds. I found out later that they were giving out medals to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place people in the different age groups. I was 13 seconds behind the 3rd place medal for my age group, women 20-25! The 3rd place was 29 minutes, 57 seconds!!! I was annoyed because I didn't even know medals would be given out like that! They gave out cash prizes to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd overall, but I wasn't aware there were going to be medals for other people. So next year, you better believe I'm going to get that medal! Wendy got a medal though for her age group (I think it was women 50-55). She ran the 5k in 28 minutes! I was way impressed!

Anyways, so that was basically what we did this weekend. Dave & I are both sore from running, but that only means we'll both give each other massages later, so I'm fine with that! It was fun, though. Deanna now wants us to do a half-marathon in December. I told her not to count on that. 5Ks are fun for me, but I can't imagine running 5 or so hours for a full marathon, much less half that time for a half marathon! That's when the run kindof goes away....

Darren took pictures for us, so as soon as I get them, I'll figure out how to post them! Love you all!

4 comments:

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

Nice job on the run, Steph and Dave. Next up, a marathon, right?! In some races, a few of the participants will dress up in crazy costumes and run that way. I think you two should definitely try that next time. The big teeth costume you guys dressed up in a few Halloweens ago would be perfect!
Todd

Heather said...

Great job sweetie! We are twinners- both running 5ks! My asthma actually doesn't act up too bad anymore. I will get it, but it is not a huge problem. I even ran a 10K earlier in the Spring and it was great. Great job on doing it in 30 minutes-- much better than me!! Love you, Heather

Laura said...

Way to go! I am impressed with your run time as well. I would have also been annoyed about the medal thing. I'll look forward to hearing about your future races!

David and Brooke Gallagher said...

Awesome work! How are you guys doing?What have you been up to latley sense APX? keep in touch!